AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Steer 500 RTK, Keypad and extern NMEA?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/10/2007 09:05 (#185430 - in reply to #185409)
Subject: RE: EZ-Steer 500 RTK, Keypad and extern NMEA?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don't know about that combination.

I am using an EZ-Steer 500 (WAAS) with an Autopilot. My GPS out to other devices is coming from the Autopilot harness (not directly from the 500). This is the 9 pin connector that can be hooked to a laptop for initial calibration of the Autopilot. Since this GPS is being "passed through" the Autopilot, I am thinking that it may be terrain compensated but I don't know that for certain.

I use this GPS OUT as the source for GPS to an Insight. The Insight is ocassionally used in that tractor. Since our land is quite flat, I haven't tried analyzing my Insight maps to determine if the mapping data is Terrain compensated or not.

Concerning your question about GPS coming from the 500 being terrain compenstated when using the data out from the serial port, my guess is no. When using Autopilot I can't use that connector. I'm thinking that the signal there is the non terrain compensated informaton since it has not "passed through" the T2 controller yet.

I don't know if it is possible to get NEMA GPS out of the T2 controller. If it is, it would seem that then GPS there would be terrain compensated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)