AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

advice on kitchen update!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 12/3/2011 11:11 (#2082263 - in reply to #2081063)
Subject: RE: advice on kitchen update!

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

My thought would be that by the time you live thru one mess of a remodel, it could be really tough to psych yourself up later on to do the 2nd.  Maybe you're different from me, maybe it will excite you and you won't be able to wait to get on with the next step.  But here, once we got the kitchen done and life put back together, I'd have moved into a cardboard box under a bridge before I started another remodel.  Our house was built in '74, the very heart of the "'70s kitchen".  In '97 we put on an addition to enlarge our family room and add a sunroom/office area.  In '03 we redid the bathroom and put new woodwork in the 2 bedrooms.  Finally in '06 we ripped out a couple walls, overhauled the kitchen completely and brought it into this century, put in central vac and put laminate flooring thruout the kitchen/dining/living room.  I'm done.  Whoever gets this house next can do whatever they want to, but this is the house I'm gonna live in till I can't anymore.  If I were in your shoes, all the kitchen and enlarging would be very well thought out, planned and executed now so it could be enjoyed.  My $0.02. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)