AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2012 Corn Hybrids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

beak315
Posted 11/30/2011 10:12 (#2076519 - in reply to #2075971)
Subject: Re: 2012 Corn Hybrids

Zack,
For the most part I would not want 2088 in a dry land situation. I'm sure things are different where you are at but if you're going into a good creek bottom for me, I'm stuck on 1745 or the 64-69, 65-19 family if you can get any 65-19. If I'm going behind corn then 66-97, or 67-57 is my go to because of strong disease packages. My reasoning for this is that there is no doubt that 2088 is a high yielding corn, but it is not very tough. I feel like you have more room for stress tolerance on the above hybrids over 2088 and I would rather give 5 bushels of top end to save me 20 + bushels if things get hot and dry. If you are irrigated then by all means 2088 is a great option. Also, I would add that 62-58 has done very well on tough hills but it wouldnt be my first choice in the planter. This variety has so so emergence and if the ground is cool and wet I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. Put that in the planter after things have warmed up a bit. I would go out first with 0912 because of amazing vigor and early growth I have seen from that hybrid. It has been very consistent in low and high yielding environments. It has also faired much better than 61-71 in local trials. 63-87 I would place with 62-58, putting 62-58 on tougher hills and 63-87 on good hills and bottoms. 63-87 has actually shown some guts to me in stressful situations. This is just what I have observed this year and I'm sure it's been different for everyone else depending on your location. Agrigold and LG totally flopped in this area and I can't recommend much I have seen from them from what I have seen HERE. But that's HERE.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)