AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid or Dry fertilizer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KSMatt
Posted 11/29/2011 15:51 (#2074832 - in reply to #2073609)
Subject: Re: Liquid or Dry fertilizer?

East Central KS
I have been around a small 7200 with both dry and liquid which would be fairly similar to your 1780. On that one, the liquid and dry both ran through the same coulter on the front bar. If yours would be set up the same way then I'm not sure why you would have to worry about burn with dry and not liquid. I would actually expect the liquid to be a bit worse. With that said, we plant around contours running 28% and I've never noticed burn (this is in fertility research plots). It would also depend on how high of rates, how deep you run your coulter and how far off the row you set the coulter. If your really worried about it getting into your seed furrow, just offset your disk more (4"?). Ours are set at a 2X2.
From an agronomic standpoint, if urea or UAN are subsurface applied they will behave fairly similar and therefore both exhibit similar efficiencies rate.
Urea is typically cheaper/lb N but is a little harder to handle (you can't buy plastic tanks and pump it). From that standpoint I would say its a wash.
Just my $.10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)