AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hair-brained idea - bathroom mirror heater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

McCartman
Posted 11/28/2011 21:26 (#2073374)
Subject: Hair-brained idea - bathroom mirror heater

Ok, I am seriously annoyed by our bathroom mirror fogging up while taking a shower. Ideal solution would be a fan/vent - but it would require a major remodel to install - brick wall to vent through, old house with lath and plaster walls that would have to be tore out to run power to it, etc. That solution is in the future, but for now I'm thinking of a work-around. I've read all the tips - using shaving cream, car wax, etc - but those just seem to make a mess of a mirror. 

Soooo, I did a quick Google search and found a few companies that make a nifty heater that attaches to the back of the mirrow and hooks into the lighting. Great! Except they want upwards of $70 to $300 for such a thing. Then I got to thinking - what about heating pads? They are about the right size - only use about 60 watts, same as the "real thing", and cheap - found some on Amazon for only about $12. I could cut the wires and feed them to a spot where they'd be out of site and wire it right into the lights. Only problem would be getting it attached to the back of the mirror, but I'm confident I could come up with a solution for that too. Does this sound like a logical plan or am I crazy to try such a thing?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)