AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tablet/pad/e_reader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jim
Posted 11/27/2011 14:10 (#2070733 - in reply to #2070714)
Subject: RE: tablet/pad/e_reader - Kindle keyboard

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I just bought my avid reader wife a Kindle with a keyboard and wifi and 3G so she can get a book anywhere/anytime without needing a computer consultant.  This is a very neat little piece of technology. Just a B&W book. no color no video, tv etc.

Our local library is going to start having e books to lend.  It may take awhile before that is very widespread but it is coming. I think it is interesting in that you can download a "sample" of each book (from Amazon) at no charge to see if you like it. Books appear to be priced very reasonably - at or below what a paperback usually sells for.

I downloaded a sample of a couple cattle books. I like the way you can adjust the type size to about anything you want (easy to read without looking for my reading glasses) and the easy way the Kindle has of going page to page.

This thing really reminds me of Star Trek and Capt Picard reading his reports from Star Fleet on a device that looks very similar....  Amazing how much stuff from Start Trek is showing up in every day life. Next we'll have warp drives??? ; )

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 11/27/2011 14:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)