AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John, thinking about buying silver...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/22/2011 18:06 (#2062836 - in reply to #2062230)
Subject: RE: John, thinking about buying silver...

Pittsburg, Kansas

I'm sure there are retail corn dealers who sell bullion.

I tend to look for low premiums of generic rounds or bars. What I have has been bought on line through either Kitco or Northwest Territorial Mint. If you use the search feature of AgTalk, search in the Market Talk portion, put my name in as the user, and search for the word Silver you will come up with lots of suggestions and discussions about silver.

I can't say much to the short term price movements or if it is a good time to buy or not in the short term. What I have bought in the limited amount of physical I have or through Sprott, CEF of Canada, Perth Mint, etc. is for long term holding. I do watch the price movement day to day for entertainment but since I rarely either buy or sell short term price movement doesn't have much influence on what I do in the silver market. The only way I would sell is if I found a different investment I thought was a better investment. If silver went up several hundred percent and the stock market went down to about ten percent of where it is now, I would change investment vehicles. I don't see that happening for at least several years, but if it does I might sell. Otherwise it is a long term investment.

I don't know about the reporting. Last I knew that went by the wayside for the time being but not sure about that.

Looks like you got a number of replies. Hopefully when I read them I will learn some more.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)