AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My crop insurance experience so far this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 11/11/2011 21:58 (#2045922)
Subject: My crop insurance experience so far this year

East Central Arkansas

I haven't ever really been a big fan of crop insurance but the flooding in the Spring of 2008 made me realize how vulnerable I was to a disaster hitting us. So we were bought up to a good level of coverage when the real flood hit us this Spring getting some crop that was planted and preventing a timely planting of our cotton crop. Not knowing how long we would be under water or what we would face after it receded I new I needed to do everything right to be able to collect for the damages we had. I asked a lot of guestions and even some of you on this site helped answer guestions. Having insurance this year is really going to make a difference in recovering from this disaster but I did have a big surprise when I received my bill this Fall because of a slip-up I made in planting my crop. All of my cotton ac qualified for Prevented Planting but I chose to risk planting some of the crop late. I originally had signed up for interprise units. My whole farm was flooded and I only have two farm numbers. I messed up and planted all the cotton on one farm number thus disqualifying me from using the enterprise units. That tripled my premium on those acres. I hope I never have need of collecting on this again but I guess if one continues to farm that at some point it will be used to some extent again.

(100_7034 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_7034 (Medium).JPG (24KB - 125 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)