AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on wind farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

2smooth
Posted 11/11/2011 21:09 (#2045809 - in reply to #2045760)
Subject: Re: Question on wind farms

North Central Illinois
You might want to hold up on the schools getting much benefit. A farm just went up and going about a year ago just a few miles east of me and Ohio schools thought it was going to be the savior (i think it is the smallest public high school in the Illinois,last year graduated 6 kids in 2011). The wind farm is going to generate money that goes to the schools, but the state just gives less to offset most of the difference. Also got the same information from one of the school board members of the district i am in that has towers that they already have the permits for(but don't have the money to put up or decomission them, along with no buyer for the electricity) and another with land agreements in place getting ready to get the permits for it. He said the school would maybe get a little more in the end but not enough to really notice. Kind of funny the guy going around talking to the public about a year ago told me the school would get 2.5 mil. from them.

The other tax based entities will probabally benefit as this week ohio township roads that were used in the construction of the wind farm are all getting blacktopped. But this must be part of the road agreement done prior to the project.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)