AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nu-Till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

donny
Posted 10/12/2011 22:52 (#2001836 - in reply to #2001545)
Subject: RE: Nu-Till

The planter set up and nitrogen timing work well but can be done without the expensive bilogicals and starters they sell. As a matter of fact I did 30 acres with thier products and 30 with generic 6-24-6 and no biologicals. My planter was already set for liguid nitrogen and seed alpplied starter. These strips were side by side and the yield monitor showed no difference. I was told from the AS rep that there could have been residual Grozyme in the tank when I switched to the 6-24-6 starter and that is why I didnt see the difference.- ok
They wanted me to buy product for all of my acres the following year. Being nice I said I would like to continue my trial and give thier product another side by side trial. They wouldnt sell me any product!!!
They loved to talk down university data but would print volumes of their own trials that showed how benificial Grozyme was. University of wisconsin studied several biologicals including grozyme and couldnt show an economical responce to any of them. Do your own homework before you get to excited about it. They do have some good ideas, agronomic advice, and can help you increase your yields using better nitrogen placement and timing. The problem I had was they wanted to make thier money selling a couple of overpriced products.
donny
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)