AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb vs channel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

timis
Posted 10/4/2011 11:38 (#1990400 - in reply to #1990110)
Subject: RE: Dekalb vs channel

Iowa
Gonna break your rule - I work for a co that has been a dealer for both. Both have products that will work well - it shouldnt be 1 or the other should be the best hybrid for your acre. In my experience channel will have more nitche products than DK - that is if you farm 3000 ac and want 3 #'s DK will put 3 #'s out that will do good collectively on the TOTAL of your acres - Channel will have more products that if positioned correctly will do better - but you have to have better management. So on 3000 ac you may need to put 8 #'s out there for better preformance ( fit field by field by soil type and fert) Our plot has 50 #'s in it DK has never won it - usually not in top 10 but most all their #'s will be in the top 2/3's - channel has won 3 times but they've had some dogs too. On my farm I plant channel and have done no DK - I feel I can manage the hybrids better than putting a blanket out there. Just my personal preferance - price wise they'll be about the same. Heres the kicker - shouldnt we be using that kind of management anyway? I always tell my customers if its in a seed guide it works somewhere - they dont put crap in a book just to fill space - thats the job of you dealer and rep - to make sure it works on your farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)