AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvest Food
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

plowgirl
Posted 9/17/2011 10:38 (#1966176 - in reply to #1965965)
Subject: RE: Harvest Food

next to Plowboy

around here my guys like hand held food.  IE.....anything in sandwich form.

Meatball subs

Phillly cheesesteak sandwiches

of course hamburgers.....and I tried a new one on them this week they really liked.  A hamburger topped with pepperjack cheese and a couple of thin slices of ham.  (It's called Pig and Bull)

chicken plank sandwiches

BBQ ribette sand's

pulled pork

BBQ beef

cube steak sand;s  (flour and fry a cube steak and put on a roll/bun)

sloppy joes

brisket

coney's

yesterday they got chili, grilled cheese sand's and cinnamon monkey bread.  I took Frito's and cheese if they wanted to make a Frito chili pie.

Sides include taco salad, cowboy beans, chips, potato salad, pasta salad.  Desserts are usually brownies, candy bars, rice krispy bars.

I pack a "cold cooler" with the condiments for the sandwiches, drinks etc.  Then the hot food is packed into another cooler to stay hot.  Works pretty well.  The paperware/chips/desserts go in a rubbermaid tub that seals good!

The meat is cooked ahead of time and frozen.  The hbg's are already made into patties.  I plan my meals so I can pull the appropriate amount of the freezer the day ahead. I can come home from the field, and cook supper for the guys and be back out the door within an hour.  Sam's Club is your friend.  Buy the styrofoam to-go containers to put the sandwiches in. The crockpot is also your friend.  Brisket ( I use the ones from Sam's), pulled pork, sloppy joes etc can be put in on low setting and ready for you when you get home.

Good Luck!

Edit to say that if it were up to plowboy.....I would ONLY be fixing hamburgers....so I'm very thankful for hired hands who like to eat a variety of food!!!

Edited by plowgirl 9/17/2011 10:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)