AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RIB seed corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 9/16/2011 11:44 (#1964970)
Subject: RIB seed corn.

Near-north Ontario, French River
Attended the Outdoor Farm show in Woodstock Ontario yesterday. As usual I stopped into the Dekalb booth to talk to one of the reps, I know him from doing several plots for our local Co-op over the years. He's sees me coming and says " oh oh.. here's trouble" LOL.. With a mischievous grin I ask him a simple question about the new RIB seed corn. My question was this. With the new RIB corn, can I assume the price per unit will be coming down, after all they are blending the high priced ( some list at $320/unit)Triple/smartstax corn , with lower priced( list in the $190-240rannge) refuge varieties so the until price should drop or at the very least shouldn't increase. He saw the 'trap" , grinned and very diplomatically said " I don't get involved in pricing issues" . So what say you guys, shouldn't the unit price come down slightly or at least remain at the same levels as last year. I don't see RIB as being any more convenient for us, we have a 12 row box planter so it was always 3 rows of refuge and 9 rows of smartstax. I still have to fill 12 boxes, I don't care if its two separate varieties or all RIB bags. Could even be argued that RIB saves the seed companies money, as it simplifies their inventory to some extent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)