AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weekend Getaway Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Walshman
Posted 9/14/2011 17:26 (#1962179 - in reply to #1957754)
Subject: Re: Weekend Getaway Ideas

NW Indiana
I'm in the same area as you and my wife and I try to go up to Blue Heron Inn in LaPorte every fall if we can. It's about 1.5 hours from you so it's an easy drive to get there. It's not the traditional B&B, but it's not the standard hotel either. The rooms are nice and reasonable and they have a great restaurant attached right to the place, T-Bones Pier 11. We both like to try different wines, and they have all kinds of them there. You are right at the South end of all the vineyards in Michigan too, and there are a ton of different tours you can take to the various vineyards, including a day trip that stops at 4 or 5 along the way and then a nice sunset dinner at one of them. The scenery is beautiful this time of year as the leaves are just starting to change in a couple weeks. You're also about 10 minutes away from the outdoor mall (Lighthouse Mall) which my wife loves to go to. They have all the nick-knack stores and you can enjoy the nice weather walking around. Then about another 5 minutes or so and you are right on the shore of lake Michigan. Last year we spent the day walking down the shore and out on the pier to the old lighthouse. I know you said you're not into sports, but my wife is a big ND fan and we try to time it so we can go over to see a ND home game while we're there as well. It's about 45 minutes or so to get to South Bend from there. It's a nice getaway for us, but it's also nice because I don't have that 8 or 9 hour drive to get back home at the end...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)