AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grilling shrimp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MotoMatt
Posted 9/1/2011 08:23 (#1940918 - in reply to #1935065)
Subject: RE: Grilling shrimp

Grilled shrimp is great and lends to an amazing meal. Here in Ames, IA we have a guy who hauls up from Texas with a truckload about once a month and usually has the good big ones, head on or off and whatever fish is in season.

This is my favorite way to prepare the shrimp, I prefer the head on shell on, there is more flavor there, about the 16-20 size is right as they don't need scewered and don't fall through.

What you need:
1 Gallon Ziplock back or a sealable container
However much shrimp you want to eat
1 lime
1 lemon
half a grapefruit if you have it
Splash of OJ
Salt and Pepper
Garlic to taste, minced or pressed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or whatever oil you have the EVOO adds nice flavor though

Mix the ingredients including the juices of the citrus and the shredded rinds of them(don't get the white pith in there though), garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix them up well. Add the shrimp to the bag or container and distribute the marinade. Everything should be coated, but not swimming in the marinade.

Heat Grill to a high heat, I do this at 500+ on mine as the quicker you can cook the shrimp the better and the shells will protect them from burning.

After the shrimp has marinated for 20 minutes and the grill is hot place them on the grill, this should be done quick so the cooking times are even.

Don't leave them unattended, but close the lid, about 2 - 4 minutes later depending on the size of the shrimp flip them, the another like time as long as they look done(will turn pink and white) get them off the heat. Served up with rice or some fresh grilled veggies like the zucchini we all have too much of right now, and it a messy tasty meal!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)