AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Half Century Pics, LOTS of pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 8/27/2011 14:06 (#1932889 - in reply to #1932488)
Subject: Re: Half Century Pics, LOTS of pics

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 8/27/2011 07:28

Really, the sponsoring organization needs to hire a commercial photographer to photo each exhibited tractor/iron/whatever & sell a photo disk when the show is over. Make them simple jpegs, don't need a movie production. They should be able to make money that way & also help preserve posterity. There may be tractors/machinery at the 2011 show that will never-again appear, usually for reasons of family deaths.

Ron

Ron, on This Week in Agribusiness, with Oren Samuelson and Max Armstrong, almost every week they advertise a video taken from the last show.  I know that is not what you mentioned, but didn't know if you knew it was available.

Also, AGTV channel (or whatever they call it) has sporadic programming from different areas about antique and collectable tractors.  I set my DVR to record all of these, some are repeats, and I delete, some are great to look at.

We all need to give credit to those who donate their time and equipment to put on this show.  I have heard rumors (don't know how true they are) that these people don't get paid to bring their equipment, or for the use of it.  Kudos from me to them for their contributions.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)