AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the smartest animal trick you have seen?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

d4dave1
Posted 8/22/2011 10:23 (#1924306 - in reply to #1923992)
Subject: RE: What's the smartest animal trick you have seen?

Edson, Alberta, Canada

My old Lab cross dog I had when I was a kid. I taught him to play the Shell game and once he caught on he was unbeatable. I would take one piece of dog food and put it under one of three empty soup cans. Mix them all around as fast as you want. Then he would take his nose and tip over the correct can and eat the piece of dog food. I could even send him out of the room then mix up the cans and he could still get the right one. My Pa was drinking with some of his buddies once and they tried him a bunch of times and he beat them every time. So they took him out of the room and then cheated and did not put anything under any of the cans. It took him a bit but he finally knocked over all of the cans at once then refused to play anymore. After that he would only play the Shell game with me.
I could teach that dog pretty near anything I set my mind too and he would learn it quick, especially after he was a bit older. I taught him to climb a ladder onto the roof, I could hunt rabbits or grouse with him and all I ever used was my own homemade hand signals. We played Hide and Seek over an area of bush that must have been a mile square and he would find me every time. I was seldom without him by my side but if my parents wanted me they could tell that dog to "Go get David" and he would find me a mile away. 
That was one smart dog.
Regards,
Dave.      

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)