AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thyroid cancer - radioactive iodone pill?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 8/22/2011 00:50 (#1923935)
Subject: Thyroid cancer - radioactive iodone pill?

My wife recently had her thyroid removed & tests showed it to be cancerous., pallminary carcinoma. She is just starting on a no iodine diet & will have to take a radioactive iodine pill in early Sept which hopefully will kill any cancerous thyroid cells that remain in her body.

Who all has had this treatment. Did they put you in isollation in the hospital or send you home. My sister's husband just had the same surgery & is taking the pill tomorrow. His doctor is keeping him in isolation in the hospital for 2-3 days. Wife's doctor says they haven't hospitalized anyone for 10 years. Her endocronoligist (sp?) say that I just need to stay at least 7 feet from her and not to share the sametoilet or shower. Also our grandkids can't be around her for at least a week.

I must admit that I am a little leery about being in the same room with her though the doctor says it's not a problem. WE have discussed her staying at a nearby motel for several days but I can tell she really doesn't want to & I can't say that I blame her. I'm just wondering how the rest of you handled this situation & what the results were.

TIA,
boog

Edited by boog 8/22/2011 00:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)