AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More 2011 Soybean Crop Tour in Ohio (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 8/18/2011 17:35 (#1918521 - in reply to #1918487)
Subject: Re: More 2011 Soybean Crop Tour in Ohio (pics)

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
<p>thank You Paul this field is in Crawford co. the Crawford Co. extension office reports that this county is one of the major S.B. producing county's in the State of Ohio. this field is On the North side of New Winchester Road running a full 1. Mile West of New Winchester Ohio. a few Miles South of Bucyrus. Ohio As with the Approximate remaining 2,500 acres or so on this specific farm. No Inoculate used. I think for about 12 years now. No manure Ever. that I am aware of. maybe 100 years ago. But doubt it. This soil was Biologically DEAD. I will say. 15 years ago. No fertilizer applied for 12 months now, nor foliar. as I said in a previous post. the Fertilizer for next seasons S.B. Crop is, was applied 3 weeks ago. by Aerial application on Corn. No Insecticide nor Fungicide ever used on these S.B. or corn acres of about 5,000 acres each season. Proper tile, Feeding the soil Biology and controlling Weeds is the one and dominant effort to Build and maintain soil Biological Life DEEP into the soil sub Levels. ( Again, I have NO problem with any and all of the Products some think they may need for a Healthy crop. ) But if One works with Nature. NONE of the traditional. so called Needed and thought to be Necessary Products are Needed. other than weed control. and we are working on that at the Moment. For the Farmer to reap maximum Profit, for the Individual Farmer. This is Possible if one wants to study and work with Nature. But not the Norm. Nor Politically correct. I will tell you 1st. hand. John</p>

Edited by soil-life 8/18/2011 17:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)