AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fielders Choice Seed Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 8/9/2011 22:58 (#1905235 - in reply to #1904894)
Subject: Re: Fielders Choice Seed Corn

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
Most of the NG or new generation numbers are American Seed Holdings numbers. When I first started growning corn, I would just find the varieties that were doing well in trials from other ASI companys. and then figure out what Fielders Choice number it was because they were quite a bit cheaper on the same seed. (But my practices were highly fround apon because part of the reason FC is cheaper is because they don't have corn in all th trials or have guys going around and trying to peddle corn/ figure and figure out which varieties work best where.)

Back then 6793 FC was a brand of a variety that about 10 companys offered. It was in our area already as a NC+ and Kruger and doing very well, and did well for me for a couple years. I just got to where enough seed salesmen were stopping by my house that I didn't buy any FC, but the products were good. I have heard others say that the priceing sure has changed for the worse.
I know that the first year I bought FC it was a great deal and a very straight forward deal. But the next year they seemed to have a lot of programs going, and the next year, it was just like buying any other product, with all the deals and rebates and tradeoffs. I bet I can say something that nobody else can, To date the two best corns I have every grown as a field average were Stine and Fielders Choice. Btw does anyone have the variety number of the 116 day Channel that seemed to be cleaning house all over Missouri last year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)