AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FAT, FAT32, etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/2/2007 07:49 (#169404 - in reply to #168643)
Subject: Further development

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My first post was prompted by the problem one of our customers had with two Lexar 1 Gig CF cards.

Over the weekend, I used my own personal Lexar 1 Gig CF card in my Insight to transfer my most recent .ilf files. The process looked good on the Insight but when I took the card to my home desktop computer, the new .ilf files were not to be found. I knew what the file names should have been since the spraying was just done the two previous days. Explorer did show a rather large file with a strange name of a strange format. It apparently was a corrupt file or something since I was not able to delete it.

I went back to the Insight with a Sandisk 64MB card and went into the console section and forced a recopy of all the most recent .ilf files. This appeared to be successful at the Insight. When I brought this card to the home computer, the expected files were there and worked properly with SMS.

Later that day I downloaded the newest firmware for my EZ-Guide 500. I unzipped it and it appeared to be fine. I decided to transfer a copy of this folder to my laptop via the suspect Lexar card. This process had problems also. The home computer was not able to save the folder to the CF card. I tried the Sandisk card and the process was successful.

I am about ready to conclude that the customer's Viper problems (two Lexar CF cards) and my own personal problem (Lexar CF card) are related to these cards. The error message that I got on my home computer (no error message on the Insight) involved something about a "delayed writing error".

Is it possible that these cards are suitable for cameras (where the camera does the writing) but not for other data transfer? I purchased my Lexar card from the local Wal-Mart. It is fairly likely that the customer got their two there also.

The card was produced in China and was very low priced. I think it might be wise to "chuck it".

Edited by tedbear 7/2/2007 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)