AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Followup on my Hot in Minnesota question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ks8780
Posted 8/7/2011 12:02 (#1900192)
Subject: Followup on my Hot in Minnesota question

Jewell County KS
Original post here

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=247701&posts=3...

The answer is NO.

We got home last night and had a good trip.

Here are a few of my observations: Day 1

We took US 81 north and then went east to Madison SD and then to Pipestone MN the first day.
There are alot of corn and beans in that part of the world.

Question for agboy: What's up with the 26 miles or so of "Highway 34" from Madison to MN line ? I thought of stopping and looking you up and see if you had any knobby tires I could fit to the Harley.

Pipestone monument was allright.

Day 2:

Headed out on 23 to 19 and then to Redwood Falls. I thought I would see Rocky and Bullwinkle but then remembered that was Frostbite Falls. Ended up at Farmfest on tuesday. Nice show with a few different things that I had not seen before ie. drainage tile. Talked with ICON about grader blades. They are built 45 miles south of home here in KS. Kinda along ways for a little info I guess. More corn and beans and alot of wind damage along the way

Headed south to Madelia for the night. (Jim was right hotels were all full).

Day 3

Madelia to Preston on hwy 30. More Corn and beans . Took in the Mystery Cave tour. Over 300 caves in Fillmore county they said.

Every other County road in MN is Blacktop it seems and every farm has some hogs by the smell of things.
Question: How slow do you have to drive to get someone in MN to pass you ? 45-50 is not slow enough and 70 is not fast enough it seems. LOL

Day 4

Preston to Houston on hwy 16 is a nice drive on a bike. On down to Caledonia to Sheechs Mill which was closed. Oh well that was nice country. More corn less beans more alfalfa and some oats. South and west to Algona IA. Oh great more corn and beans.

Day 5 South and then west to cross the river at Souix city on hwy 20. Stopped in Correctionville and waited out the rain in the bar. Made it across the river and to Wayne Ne. before stopping. You guessed it corn and beans.

Day 6

Wayne to Norfolk to a car show and the down 81 to home. Got home and looked at radar and we made it thru York and Polk Co. just in time it seems.

All in all it was a good trip and we got to see another part of the world even though my wife was not impressed with the road in agboys part of the world. Temps were nice after the first day

Thanks for the Ideas

Edited by ks8780 8/7/2011 13:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)