AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some places should go out of business- RANT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 8/6/2011 14:27 (#1898770 - in reply to #1898510)
Subject: RE: Some places should go out of business- RANT

Blooming where I am planted!

Yeah, irritating the way some folks are so by the letter.  In my job all our contracts start on the first of the month but if it's after the 15th we count that on the next month.  If a client wants to start on the 20th but the contract has to start on the 1st of the following month, we will not hold up release of their database.  We like to get them up and going at 10:45 if they want, so to speak.

That reminds me of another instance.  My mom and I were spending some time in Florida one year so we stayed for a night in one of those motels on the east coast of FL.  The rooms were in a circle around an outdoor pool.  Each room had a couple plastic chairs right outside the room.  There were also lots of chairs around the pool area.  I love to swim, so I put my towel on one of the chairs around the pool.  There was a pool attendant there, a little midget (literally) of an old guy. He told me it was $5 extra for the chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I about fell over.  What kind of grawlix is that!!  My mom went and inquired of the front desk and they said it's true, they do that to keep rates competitive. 

So, I went and put my towel on one of the chairs right outside our room and stayed in the pool for 2 1/2 hours!!!  I love to be in the water so this was no problem. I got a nice tan and swam a lot too.  It is still a memory Iaugh about, as I can still see this midget in my mind's eye angrily pacing back and forth for a good 5 minutes and yelling at me for doing what I did.  There was nothing he could do--I WAS following the stupid rules.  Guess they never had anyone handle them that way before!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)