AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

autospray hardi navigator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/28/2007 06:53 (#167732 - in reply to #167719)
Subject: Re: autospray hardi navigator

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I believe this plumbing situation may work, since it apparently works with the TeeJet controller. I'm not exactly sure how the Master Dump Valve would be tied in.

Apparently in your setup, if all booms are ON and then the master is shutoff, the dump valve dumps all the flow back to the tank. This flow would be passing through the flowmeter during this time. A Raven 440 and I believe the Insight DC and probably the EZ-Boom would simply disregard this flow which would be necessary. If this flow is not disregared by the console, the flow totals during the time the master is OFF would accumulate and make the total volume applied incorrect.

On the other hand certain Raven consoles would show an error message (700 series) when flow was observed during times when it should not be (Flow continues with Master OFF).

I don't know how your Master Inline Dump valve is wired, but it would seem that a combination of diode(s) and relay(s) could be used to create the logic "OR" and "AND" circuit needed to activate the Master Dump Valve. It seems to me that the situation would be: IF one or more boom valves are ON then the Dump Valve should close. Duing this time the potential excess flow is bled off by the control valve.

As other boom sections came ON (point rows) then the control valve would need to respond by closing somewhat to force more flow to the boom(s).

This would be considered bypass control. In the case of the Insight DC systems, it would seem that choosing bypass control in the setup section would be appropriate. The problem with this is that the control valve is then thrown "Full Open" on an intital startup where the intention is to throw the control valve "Full Close" for safety. I simply choose inline control and reverse the wiring on the control valve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)