AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another RR bean senerio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 7/27/2011 02:05 (#1881715)
Subject: Another RR bean senerio

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
This one isn't real though! Just for fun.

Lets say a traveling salesman comes through town and trades me some magic giant bean stalk seeds for my prize winning milk cow. But this time, he also tells me he has some conventional soybeans from 1957 that he has been saving in the back of his "schoolbus sales van" So I also buy the conentional soybeans because he explains to me that they were grown before any type of patents on varieties or technologies were issued.

Then I plant the conventional (or ordinary) soybeans from 1957 and they look amazing but my flunky hired hand accidently sprays them with Gyphosate and they do not die. Is it then my fault for raising the RR soybeans or the traveling salesman for lieing to me and selling me RR beans and claiming they were conventional. And if it is his fault, then can I get into trouble for harvesting the beans.

Also. can I get in trouble for saving these beans for seed. After all, to the best of my knowlege, they are not RR beans. They are simply a conventional bean from 1957 that happened to be gyphosate tolerant. I can only assume that the word of the the traveling salesman is true and base my seed saving decisions on the facts he supplied me with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)