AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

some crop pics from E.C. Mn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 7/21/2011 20:38 (#1873456)
Subject: some crop pics from E.C. Mn.

ecmn

snapped a couple pics today.  the first pic is of pioneer P8906hr at 38k population planted may 3rd.  My first time with this hybrid and we will see how it yeilds. but this plant from day one never did stop growing, other corn planted on the same day at different populations was up to 2 growth stages behind at 3rd week june.
3rd week of june i top dressed and foliar feed all the corn.  july 1st this plant was knee high, on the 5th this plant was between chest and waist high, on the 12 it was over my head slightly and today its clearly taller then me,  i am 6'5" tall for a reference.
all the other corn is shorter, most of it is about a foot shorter then this corn or just over my head by a few inches.
the beans are good old 90m80's.  not to far from having the rows canapied over.  

like the rest of the state we had a tough cold wet spring/summer.  but its nice to see driving around the local area that all of the yellow corn is gone and the corn is starting to shoot up. heck everyday there is a few more tassles around the block! saw the uncles/cousins corn north of me had a nice field all tassled out, that one had to be the first field around that was mostly tassled.   

You know its just really nice to see everyones crops kicking in and really looking good in the area! we might make a normal harvest yet??!!!

Edited by easymoney 7/21/2011 20:45

(107-0716_AUT.jpg)

(107-0717_AUT.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 107-0716_AUT.jpg (62KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments 107-0717_AUT.JPG (77KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)