AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here I am!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 7/14/2011 23:01 (#1863554)
Subject: Here I am!

Blooming where I am planted!

Thanks everyone for wondering where I am.  Sorry I haven't been posting lately.  I'm burning the candle at both ends, and unfortunately I singe myself every now and then. :

You're right I have been busy between Chicago and KS.  The house hasn't sold yet.  The situation at my current job is not good.  I'm looking for a job in KS (have several applications in).    We got 2 new kittens (will be outdoor/barn cats).  We got 10 baby guinea fowl. 

I was out there last week.  The heat is something else!  I did help KSBoy and his brother work cattle all day on the 4th in 100 degree heat.  I was the hander-over of the vaccines, flea/tick bath, scalpel, and ear tags.  I had to sit down a few times in the shade and drank water like a camel!  It was a great experience and I'd do it again.   We also weeded the 60' x 100' garden (thanks to my friend Amy for her help with that!). 

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in terrible shape from sitting at a desk all day and on a train turning into a blob.  I could feel my stress level going down with all the hard work and great surroundings (people, farm life), and I'm sure I dropped a few pounds and I sure did get a nice tan too!  I think KS life will be good for my physical health!

I'm pretty exhausted though--I sleep (or try to) on the train on the way into the city, and sometimes on the way out too.  Too much to keep up with.  I can hardly wait to make the permanent move KS and start my life there!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)