AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1680 to 1688
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmb0y
Posted 7/13/2011 17:41 (#1861493 - in reply to #1861463)
Subject: Re: 1680 to 1688

EC IA
To me personally, I'd spend a little more and get a 2188. We have a 1480 that's been "updated" to a 1680 without the bigger sieves and are looking to upgrade, the base machine from our's to a 21/2388 is basically the same with the given addition of easier adjustments throughout the machine. The cab is what makes it worth it. I ran 21/23 on wheat harvest a number of years ago, it was hard to get back in the 14 not having the joystick controls, easier visiability in the 21/23, a lot better lighting.

I'm with you on the field tracker, it may be worth to get a different machine just to have that. We run a 20' bean head, could easily run a 25' maybe 30' but without the field tracker there's no chance of it. We have steep enough hills one side of the head is digging in the ground while the other is 1' off the ground.

I've been looking, just from what I've seen to get a 23 over a 21, you about double your money. Not worth it IMO, not enough improvements between the two, even with fewer hours, to make it worth that much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)