AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aerial photo of our farm headquarters during the May flood
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 7/10/2011 19:15 (#1857170 - in reply to #1856972)
Subject: Re: Aerial photo of our farm headquarters during the May flood

East Central Arkansas
I don't actually live at that location but my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin does. They are starting to rebuild thier home home but it is going to be a slow process. Our loss was not as great as many because we were able to move a good bit of stuff. Water got a lot deeper than we though it would and some stuff that we had put up high was not high enough so the flood water got in it. Even though we have had lesser floods in the past I just didn't realize how destructive the flood water is especially when stuff stays submerged in that nasty silty water for over two weeks. We have put a crop in and are slowly getting stuff back in place around the shop. We had some things that had to be put back in working order before we started back farming and some are just getting done as we need them. Some things I don't even want to move back but I am sure as they are needed they eventually will get moved back.There is so much around a farm headquarters you take for granted untill you don't have them. Things like water well pumps, fuel pumps, aircompressors, presssure washers and welders that you are so used to having and being able to use. You don't realize how organized you are and how many supplies you normally keep on hand untill you don't have them where you need them or even no where they are. I guess I need to get my office computer with internet back so I can check Ag Talk while eating lunch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)