AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long till RU won't kill grass, either?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

scottcupps
Posted 7/7/2011 12:53 (#1852568 - in reply to #1852521)
Subject: Re: How long till RU won't kill grass, either?

The Shell Knob Basin (Southwest Missouri)
Aren't most beans labeled for 2 quarts of 41% That would be much more active ingrediant than the 1 quart of 49% that you are using. There is a difference betweeen resistant waterhemp and "hard to kill waterhemp" If you have never used a lot of RR on the farm, Im suprised that it would truely be resistant waterhemp and not just a small weed will little leaf matter and a great root system that was able to take what roundup its leaves caught.

We are the opposite around here. We used to have to spray a gallon of RR on first year ground to kill all the ky31 and italian ryegrass, now we are back down to a quart on most acres.

Someone tryed telling me that the fescue was RR resistant. I asked them how a plant that had been alive for 60 years and never seen roundup could have instant resistance to glyphosate.

I wish some RR maximum labels would be increased, In my opion it is still easyier, cheaper and better on the envrioment to smoke most weeds with 3 or 4 quarts of Gyphosate instead of using 10 not so great soil herbicides.

I layed a full rate of Parallel Plus this spring and I don't think it even slowed down the goosegrass, crabgrass, or waterhemp and or other amaranths. And it cost way more than a gallon of RR would have and Im sure is in the process of killing more fish down stream.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)