AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Motorcycle pet peeve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/6/2011 00:08 (#1850547 - in reply to #1847885)
Subject: RE: Motorcycle pet peeve

Thumb of Michigan
Motorcycles have the same rights as a car or truck to the full use of the lane they're occupying- but not the opposing lane as well. I ride regularly, and do occasionally see a bike pushing the center line a little closer than I'd want to. See cars and trucks doing the same thing sometimes as well. Myself, I won't ride right beside another bike very often. Have to really trust each others ability, and be sure that you won't have to make some fast evasive moves. Which is impossible to predict and the reason I seldom ride 2 abreast. As far as hugging the center line vs the right side: if I ride near the shoulder, I can only safely avoid something by moving left. If something comes at me from the left side, I have to take the shoulder or the ditch to avoid whatever it is. I like having as many options as I can when it comes to avoiding something that may hurt badly when I hit it- or it hits me. The center of a lane can be pretty treacherous as well, oil dripping from 4 wheeled vehicles is generally located there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)