AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Organic Cotton"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sodbuster35
Posted 7/4/2011 08:27 (#1847835)
Subject: "Organic Cotton"?

WC Illinois/SE Iowa
Ok, this question is coming from someone who knows very little about cotton (me). I live probably seven hours from the nearest cotton field so I have never studied cotton farming techniques. Most of what I know comes from this forum (pictures, discussions, etc.) and from the fungicide pilots that come up from the south to spray our corn and soybeans for the last five years.

So here is my question. Is there such a thing as actual "Organic Cotton"? All I have searched on the internet talks about it but they are all "Organic" websites. The reason I question this is because I always thought you had to fly on a chemical to defoliate cotton so you can harvest it. Not only that, but I thught you cotton farmers also sprayed fungicide numerous times because it was a necessity.

I ask this because my wife's cousin's friend (Chicago girl) did everything "Organic" while she was pregnant even buying "Organic Cotton" bed linens for the baby. I just kept my mouth shut when i heard this cause I don't grow cotton and was unsure if there even was a truly "Organic Cotton".

*Note "Organic" is always in quotes in this thread *

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)