AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

COOP mistake
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 6/29/2011 15:11 (#1840996 - in reply to #1840087)
Subject: Re: COOP mistake

Near-north Ontario, French River
Pokey, FWIW the issue of retaining quality experienced operators is not exclusive to Co-ops, independents and even individual farms have the same issue. I belong to a Co-op,and I'm also a director. Do mistakes happen? Sure they do, what's important is how those mistakes are handled. We hear about all these mistakes but if the customer waits too long ( or fails to notice the mistake for 3 weeks because they haven't checked the field) , how can they expect the co-op ( or independent) to fix the mistake after its too late. Things like a mistake during AA application when the corn is 6 or 8 leaf, then the grower is upset that the co-op won't fix the mistake when the corn is waste high or higher? Is that really fair to either party? Had the mistake been noticed sooner, maybe it could have been fixed before the corn got too big, or weather prevented a fix in a timely manner. It takes BOTH sides to rectify these situations. What really amazes me as we never hear about mistakes from the independent/regionals or large farms, it seems like its ONLY co-ops that make mistakes?????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)