AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lawn mower plugs up constantly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/16/2011 08:21 (#1821124 - in reply to #1821033)
Subject: RE: lawn mower plugs up constantly

central - east central Minnesota -

don@nebr - 6/16/2011 06:14 okay this guy gave me this mower to use till I have time to figure out whats wrong with my lawn boy carb. runs good as long as your using the primer with your finger. Ever tried mowing with your finger constantly on the primer??? Any ideas where to look?? Anyway its a push mower red and white with a brigs motor that races so hard sounds like an airplane. It has the hard rubber spout off to one side but metal deck hole plugs faster than you can bounce it open. When it gets full under there it drags motor down and you bounce it forever till it spits its plug. Tried a stick,gets chewed before you think it should. Any cures for plugging every two feet??Especially broadleaf weeds like lambsquarters etc. More like green goo. Was thinking of trying to cut the deck opening a bit bigger. Wish it had the bigger wheels to roll better on rough ground. Doesnt even have a shutoff switch or choke any more,,,its a beater. Why when filling with gas when hot it wont start? If you choke it off hot it starts right back.

Get rid of that rubber spout . . .  no need for that to retard/stop the grass flow . . . .
Do as the other posters suggest for the motor/carb/gas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)