AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Martin Row Cleaner Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 6/12/2011 20:38 (#1815935)
Subject: Martin Row Cleaner Problems

western NY
I had the Kinze dealer put Martin floating row cleaner with treader wheels on my new planter this spring, I thought that they where the best cleaners to buy, I have used their spike closing wheels for years with no problems. I started out with wheels falling off the row cleaners and hunting the field with the 4 wheeler to find them while being a month late planting ,do to wet weather. The little nub thing fell off some of the scrapers that stop the whole assembly from screwing off the bolts, I welded a small nut on to stop this problem and used better locktite on the bolts than Martin uses. Then the mounting brackets all started to break the welds on the long arm side that the adjuster bolt rests on, The Kinze dealer notified Martin and they said that a batch of these row cleaners weren't welded correctly by the ROBOTIC welder. I welded them all taking about two hours after the dealer called Martin and they said they would replace thembut it would take five days to deliver. This has caused me a lot of lost time planting and a lot of aggravation. I think Martin should be giving me some free parts, a longer warranty period, or something for all of my trouble,what do you guys think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)