AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Offroadnt
Posted 6/12/2011 15:22 (#1815472 - in reply to #1815432)
Subject: Re: Educate me on autosteer

Southern Alberta Canada
We are running Outback and Trimble units in our equipment. Our Trimbles are 500s with EZ Steer steering wheel motors. With EZ Steer you can basically buy one complete unit and other than a second mounting bracket you can move the whole unit from tractor to tractor. The EZ Steer unit itself can be a little klutzy till you get used to it but it works just fine if setup correctly. I think you can buy them for around $6900 complete now.
The Outbacks are S3 units with valves integrated into the steering system, I installed three of these units myself, the kits come with everything you need to install them. We use both the Edrive TC and the Edrive X both work quite well but the Edrive X has auto turn around option and they are more complex. Edrive TC was $7500 and the Edrive X $10500.
Trimble, I would say has a few more bugs in the system but the Outbacks aren't perfect either, I would say Outback's support is better although I haven't used Trimbles support, the dealer's covered everything I needed so far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)