AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IALTO
Posted 6/12/2011 01:03 (#1814723)
Subject: Below

WC MN
I asked some questions earlier. I got maybe 2 or 3 good posts then just bickering and arguing about why corn will go to $3. This is a business. I don't care if corn is $3 or $30. What I do care about is my margin. I need to make money or I go out of business. Anyone who thinks that prices for corn or beans will tank and all other inputs will stay the same is out of touch. Why would seed or fertilizer or chemical companies want to put us out of business with prices that exceed our C.O.P? If corn goes to $3 for a sustained time then inputs will follow suit. There may be some hand wringing and teeth nashing in the meantime but it will come togther. Farmers seem to be eternal pessimists in a lot of ways. We are enjoying record high prices as well as record high demand for our commodities yet some can not talk anything but about impending doom. I'm all for looking ahead but wow, I'M gonna enjoy selling $7 corn for awhile. I'm gonna enjoy my $50 margins being $250 margins for a year or two. My debt is going away and I'm gonna be ready for a leg down, but while we are up lets enjoy it a make up for years that we had to scrape by.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)