AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flooded tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

e81t1k2
Posted 5/27/2011 07:54 (#1794184 - in reply to #1793508)
Subject: Re: flooded tractor

I watched a contractor fish out a sideboom that they had used as a barge anchor. 594 Cat, completely submerged, located it by the oil on the water surface. They set it down, removed fill caps & loosened drainplugs on everything immediately, let the water run out on the ground, they took took the injectors out. I didn't see what they did after that.

I'd think if it was submerged, and you pulled it out, you would want to dry it out immedaitely, let the water run out of the gearboxes, get the water out of the fuel tank, change the oil and all filters, turn it over with the injectors out until it had oil pressure. Then, with the fuel system clean and dry, start it and warm it up. Does the fuel drain outlet protrude up into the fuel tank from the bottom, making it impossible to drain all the water out? If so, it will still run, to warm it up, with water in the bottom of the tank, below the fuel pick up level. Getting the tank pretty well dried out after getting it going initially may help the pump & injectors last longer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)