AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Policy and Ag..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Bonpas
Posted 5/24/2011 12:18 (#1789418 - in reply to #1789368)
Subject: Re: Policy and Ag..........

SEIL
I don't promote offereing cheap food.......in fact, just the opposite. I believe if food prices double there is still much cheap food available. My evidence is many "Poor" over-weight individuals. Additional evidence is hardly any gardens. I have many acres (as most on here do) that are too small for modern machinery but would produce many, many truck loads of fresh produce. I would let any law abiding family tend them for free. Have seriously offered it a couple times.....no takers.

Believe me if my family was hungry or I thought food prices were too high I would take someone up on my offer and would make darn sure I was invited back the next year if I didn't see a change on the horizon.

I admit, I haven't done any gardening for several years but I think food is an absolute bargain today and in the foreseeable future.

FWIW: I also don't think fuel is too high. I have put my money behind a few drilling ventures and am very familiar with what it takes to get gasoline to eventually flow out of a dispense pump. We farmers aren't taking a fraction of the risk the small oil producers are taking every day.

Robert Loudermilk
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)