AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For those that are putting out PP figures...........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

snowden
Posted 5/24/2011 11:36 (#1789375 - in reply to #1789318)
Subject: Re: For those that are putting out PP figures...........

michigan
like i said on another post everyone is in a different situation so what may work for one may not even come close to working for another operation. like i said before i would like to beable to plant every acre to corn that we intended to but. we have 350 out of 2100 planted on corn we got dumped on again yesterday and calling for 70% chance for the next 2 days so do you guys really think we have a chance to get this planted in time. to go out and plant corn on the 20th of june makes no sense to me we have been there before and plowed it under in the fall. maybe different parts of the country have a better chance but to hear all these guys say you are still going to grow a 150 or 130 bushel crop planting it in june it most likely wont happen in our area . chances are in our area corn going in from june 1st to the 10th or possibly later is going to go more like 100 or 75 bpa or less. if a guy does not have any fertilizer spread yet and can return seed corn basically the only input you will have is land rent or payment on owened ground. so if you figure net for net wether i like it or not the pp is probably the way to go at this stage in the game. unless someone else has a better idea i am afraid this is what we are left with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)