AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ 500 off center
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 5/22/2011 09:29 (#1785660 - in reply to #1785412)
Subject: Freeplay offset?

South central, Nebraska
If you've done the calibration as suggested, you might want to try getting it dialed in by using the freeplay adjustment.

I have noticed over the years, there is a warmup period with my system that I have to compensate for with a freeplay adjustment. It will consistently run to one side of the line(6" or more) and even though it shows it is running offline, it doesn't try to get online. I can adjust the free play offset to the opposite side (IIRC) and get it to shift over to run online but, as it warms up, I have to adjust freeplay back to the original setting or it will drift offline to the other side. If memory serves me correctly adding .1 freeplay on one side will shift the position the opposite direction about 2".

It has done this on tractor, sprayer, and combine so if it is a calibration problem then I am very good at repeating the same bad calibration :-(

I understand you symptoms are a little different but if the monitor is ALLWAYS running of to one side consistently and not attempting get over, you might be able to get there with the freeplay setting.

I have a different system in main tractor now and don't have to worry about fiddling like that system requires:-)

Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)