AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader insight module list
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/21/2011 14:27 (#1784727 - in reply to #1784449)
Subject: RE: Ag leader insight module list

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Here goes off of the top of my head.

Later edit - the following modules will work with the Insight and Integra. Most but not all modules are supported by the Edge.

Auxiliary Input Module - used with any or all application situations where a Master Switch and quite often boom switches are used. Common examples: Section control on planters, Liquid Sprayers, Granular Spinner rigs, NH3 applicators, Strip til rigs etc.

Liquid Product Control module - used to do the actual control of a liquid product and section control. Common examples: Liquid Sprayer, Manure rigs, NH3 applicators

Direct Injection module - use with the Raven direct Injection pump to directly inject pure chemical into the carrier on the go as the application takes place. Must be used in conjunction with a liquid module. There are many combinations available. More than one Direct Injection module can be associated with a single liquid module.

Strip-til Module - use with strip-til situations, can handle up to 3 bins with different products. One of the bins can be seed.

Spinner Module - use with Spinner type rigs for granular applications. Three and five products modules are available. Important limitation - all bins must be a different product. Bin chaining is not possible but often very desirable. Bin chaining is available with other controllers such as Raven's Viper.

By bin chainging I mean that it is often desirable to use the same product in the front and rear bins and have the system automatically switch from the front to the rear when the front bin becomes empty. This limits the Ag Leader's usefulness in these situations. The only real solution is to use just one of the bins. This limitation is a major obstacle for many spinner rigs.

Clutch control module - used for section control mostly commonly on row crop planters but can be used with drills as well.

Hyd Seed Control module- used with PWM valves to run the seed shaft on planters. Can be used with certain OEM setups such as Deere and White where the module replaces the OEM electronics

Stepper Motor Control Module - use with Rawson Stepper drives for planters.

Seed Tube Monitoring Module - use in place of the OEM display for planter monitoring. Works with many but not all OEM planter harnesses.

Kinze Planter Population Monitoring Module - use in place of the Kinze KPM series of planter monitor displays that utilize the Muxbus system.

Harvest Modules: Three modules that are used only on combines for harvesting. One is for moisture, another for grain flow and the third for header height/ground speed.

Application Rate Module - A general pupose module that can be used in several different ways. It can be used with an implement switch to start/stop logging. It can be tied into a flowmeter or shaft sensor to monitor (not control) an application product. It can also connect to various third party devices (Raven 440, Rawson etc.) to allow the Ag Leader display and the third party device to interact and work together.

There may be others that I have missed but these are the main ones.

For application situations it is possible to stack various combinations together, For example, we have several customers who are using a strip-til rig for applying 1-3 granular products as well as applying NH3 with N-serv injection. These rigs utilize the Auxiliary Input module, the Strip-til module, a Liquid Product module and an Injection module. A limitation of 5 products are available at any given time.

Here's how I use some of this equipment personally: Planter - section control and app rate to monitor starter fertilizer. 4720 Deere sprayer, Liquid module for section control and direct injection. NH3 bar - liquid module to control NH3. Manure - App Rate module to a Raven 450 via a serial cable to map/log application. Harvest - 9650 STS for harvesting soybeans and corn.

Edited by tedbear 5/24/2011 07:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)