AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cfx 750 and relay for raven 440 switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/3/2011 05:32 (#1758934 - in reply to #1758694)
Subject: RE: Tedbear

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
commissioner - 5/2/2011 22:29

Tedbear, I have a question concerning the 750 logging relay switch. You seem to have lots of knowledge on these. I have the ez steer plugged into port b and the camera plugged into port a, my question is can I use the pins 10 and 11 out of either one of these plugs to go to a relay then to the raven orange/white raven power switched wire to turn on logging?
Just wondering if these are used for anything else in the ez steer or camera setup.
Thanks for the help.

Just yesterday I tested this on the demo stand. I had thought that the coverage logging could be done via either port but now I don't think so.

If you have EZ-Steer it can go into Port A or Port B. With my Autopilot, it appears that it must go into Port B according to Trimble documentation. The cameras use Pin 7,8 & 9 out of either port. This is why I feel that Port A and Port B are mostly alike but not 100%.

I know that Port A can provide Radar out, work with a Coverage switch and utilize camera A. I don't know if Port B could be used for Radar out. It appears that Port B cannot work with the coverage Map. Port B does work with camera B.

So for your situation with EZ-Steer to Port B and camera A to port A, I would use Pins 10 & 11 of the Port A connector to the relay which is triggered by the Raven Orange/white. This should not interfere with EZ-Steer or your camera operation.

My homemade connector to Port A (Autopilot is using Port B) does three things: 1) provides Radar out to a Raven 450, 2) watches the Raven 450 to make a Coverage Map and 3) uses a Cab cam camera.

Pin 2 is the speed signal for the Raven conxall connector. Pin 10 is ground and splits where one branch goes to the Raven conxall connector for speed ground but the other branch goes to the relay. Pin 11 goes to the relay as well. I use Pins 7,8 & 9 to a hacked off connector for a Cab cam.

I have a drawing from Trimble for an FMX cable which is mostly correct. There appears to be an error in the video labels as that chart indicates that Pin 6 should be used for video signal. By observing Trimble's own adapter to an Ag Cam I deduced that Pin 7 is proper. I have been successul using Pins 7,8 & 9 for the cameras. The other labels seem correct at least for Port A.

Edited by tedbear 5/3/2011 05:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)