AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader seed tube monitoring agian
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/2/2011 07:39 (#1757272 - in reply to #1756861)
Subject: Re: Ag Leader seed tube monitoring agian

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Noble1 - 5/1/2011 22:01

GPS speed but have been using a manual speed.
ALso when I go to system in the upper right, and go to seed Diagnostics.
IT gives me each row and seeds/sec. and Seeds/acre they all have zeros in them.
ALso when setting up a configuration do you need set up site verification or rate logging/control?
Do you need to set up both?
For further info we are useing the Hydraulic control module, Auxilarry Module, and Seed Tube monitoring module.
Have the Aux module in the cab, Seed tube module hooked into the can next, then the hydraulic module hooked in as their pictures show, both on the planter.
We have good power to both modules outside for the high power.
ALl rows say enabled in the seed monitor setup.

I'm not sure about the cable that you need but there are different cables for different situations. You must use the correct cable. This could be your problem.

On the setup for your equipment: When you define the implement (planter) you will need to change the default setting from NONE to the STTM module (the third choice is for the Kinze planters with the MUXbus sensors).

When you are building the configuration you get a question about Rate logging/control or site verification. This question pertains to how the seed is being delivered. Again how the seed is being delivered, so in your case, the correct response is Rate/logging since you are using hyd drive. If you had ground drive you would then pick site verification. The seed tube monitoring part is already taken care of by the question on the implement setup and doesn't pertain at this step.

The location for the modules is not ciritcal but is generally done the way you describe with the Display, Switchbox and Auxiliary Input Module in the cab. The planter modules don't have to be mounted on the planter but generally are. Usually I would mount the hyd drive modules and the Seed module close to each other on a common plate.

One more time, the modules must all be connected to the CAN bus and the planter modules need to have High current power through the Gray Deutsch connecters at the modules.

I'm still not certain if the Manual speed carries across to the population issue when testing while sitting still. Maybe everthing will work properly if you unfold and actually try planting. This is often not practical with a large planter in the dooryard.

Edited by tedbear 5/2/2011 07:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)