AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS and GS3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gradfarmer
Posted 4/28/2011 00:29 (#1749633)
Subject: SMS and GS3

Green equipment is fairly foreign to me, so I'll do my best to explain my issues. I'm trying to write some planting prescriptions for a neighbor who is running a GS3 (I believe the same as a 2630 monitor) on his 1790 planter. I'm sure its the GS3 since that show up on quite a few of the icons on the screen. He's planted a few fields, and I thought I exported the data from the monitor onto my USB drive this afternoon, but when I tried to read them into SMS, nothing showed up on the tree. I even tried starting a new project with no data in it, and nothing happened. There is a file named global.ver, which I believe is the file the software is looking for. Does this files function similar to the .vg1 files from the Pro600? I'm much more familiar with red equipment.

Also, is the current version of SMS able to export to a GS3 display? That option doesn't appear on the device setup screen for John Deere. I found the user manual for the GS3 online and it appears this monitor can handle just a regular shape file, so I exported the prescriptions as shape files tonight, will try and load them tomorrow.

Any suggestions or ideas of what I'm doing wrong or other ideas to try? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)