AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insurance photo's, a shortcut
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 4/26/2011 10:14 (#1745574)
Subject: Insurance photo's, a shortcut

East central Iowa

When we went on "vacation" (if you call driving 5000 miles in 6 days a vacation) I was concerned about somebody stealing tools or breaking into the house and stealing electronics.

I took my camera and set it on video.  Then I proceeded to video my shop and home.  I did take some individual pictures of a few things because I wanted to show the condition and better detail.  It didn't take long and I have a better record in case of fire or theft.  Then I emailed the pictures to myself.  If anything happened while we were gone all I'd have to do was download the emailed pictures and I'd have a record of what was taken.  I put the video (it's a little too big to email) up on MediaFire and so I could retrieve it.

Just a simple suggestion that might save you a lot of work and might make you some money.  If you have a fire or theft most likely you will forget some of the smaller stuff when you make a claim.  Then later you'll be wanting to use something and realize it's gone.

One extra step that I took was to burn a CD and take it with me.  I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to do that and even hand it to your insurance agent or put it in a lock box.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)