AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Casey daily report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/23/2011 12:41 (#1740536 - in reply to #1740326)
Subject: RE: Thanks for the link.

Pittsburg, Kansas

I agree with you and we will sell some at harvest to the early market if the situation warrants it.

We have actually been doing forward contracting as we have one buyer that has been giving pretty decent basis. My daughter handles the actual transactions so this may not be perfectly right but as I recall they are bidding about .25 over for next march delivery (they are quoting several different months). If we held it into the winter we might get .30 over or if supplies are tight .35 but it also could be a lot worse should we raise a really big crop. Right now they are .37 over old crop. So I did not think the .25 over bid was too bad. One thing that can happen is they can fill their needs then there is no bid so you have to take something much worse at some other location. If we do a bunch more before we get back to planting on a price run up I probably will use futures because we are getting at about our comfort limit till we see more of it in the ground. That is delivered into NW Arkansas. We figure about a .35 haul (for our own trucks) but we have been hiring some of the old crop hauled because we can't keep up with what we have contracted and they have been charging .40 and are raising the price to .50.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)