AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra - DirectCommand system/cable diagram
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/23/2011 06:33 (#1739998 - in reply to #1739431)
Subject: RE: Integra - DirectCommand system/cable diagram

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Here's the problem. The 2500 and 1500 can work with at least two different cables. One style has the 9 pin and separate power. The other style has only the 9 pin and the power is part of that.

Sounds like you have the first style which would work if you provided separate power/ground to it. The second style would plug into the 9 pin with no separate power needed. This style would be the easiest for your situation.

There is yet another combination that has two 9 pin connectors one for Port A and one for Port B. Port A is the sex that mates with an Ag Leader cable and gets power from it as well as providing GPS to an Ag Leader device. Port B is the opposite sex for direct hookup to other third party devices. The null modem business of swapping Pins 2 & 3 is all taken care of for you.

This should handle the GPS portion. By the way an Integra or Edge can setup a 1500 or 2500 Ports A & B. An Insight can only setup Port A. We had a customer last week who needed to configure Port B for use with another device. He brought his 1500 back to us so that we could program Port B for him with an Integra as his Insight could program Port A but not Port B.

The display cable confusion comes about because the Integra is shipped with a display cable that will allow you to connect it to a vehicle and provide the various sources of power. The power cable going to the battery has two fuses on it and would provide power for the display and another branch for steering.

If you are going to use modules outside the cab then you need an additional power cable and a short cable that converts the small round CAN connector and power to the large connector which leads outside the cab. This is not included with the Integra since you might not need it. Most of our customers do need it.

If you put an Integra in where an Insight had been there may be no problem if the prior cable has the large connector already in place.

If you were putting an Integra in from scratch you would probably need the power cable that has three fuses on the leads to the battery and the short (wish it were longer) cable that leads out of the back of the cab.

Once again if the Insight was working correctly then just put the Integra in its place. You would not have a branch for steering power or the ethernet connection for a Paradyme but you may not be using that anyway.

In my own personal planting tractor I could swap in an Integra without any wiring change. However I would not be able to communicate with my Trimble Autopilot since that feature is not available with the Integra. All my other planting/application situations would be fine. Since I don't want to give up the Autopilot feature, I need to stick with an unlocked Insight.

Edited by tedbear 4/24/2011 05:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)