AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight power wire pin out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/13/2011 06:44 (#1722048 - in reply to #1721245)
Subject: RE: Insight power wire pin out?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Mobile6 - 4/12/2011 17:11

What is the pinout for the power wire on the 3 wire weather pack from the application module?

I am trying to set up insight to log data with serial port from midtech 6100 and the fused wires were not includes in box of stuff. I did a search here but did not find anything.

Thanks

I'm not sure of your question but I'll guess.

Many Ag Leader modules need high current power IN to operate. This is the two pole Gray Deutsch connector with larger red and black wires. Modules such as Clutch modules, Liquid modules etc. need this since they do actual "work" of running valves etc.

You will not find this type of connector on the Application module since it does not need high current power to operate. The Application rate module does not need to do any of "work" as I refer to it above.

The logic inside the Application rate module lives off of the CAN connector. Good communication is indicated by a flashing Green LED.

All you need for your situation is the CAN connection to the rest of the system and the correct cable from the Communication port on the module to your serial port on the Midtech. These cables come in two flavors so you need to get the proper one for the Midtech.

After that you would need to setup a configuration telling the Insight about this situation. You may also need to do some setup on the Midtech side. I have done this many times with Raven equipment but have no experience with a serial connection to the Midtech. I assume it works in a similar fashion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)