AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Melroe 220 Spra-Coupe Issue...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 4/7/2011 14:27 (#1712974 - in reply to #1712668)
Subject: Re: Melroe 220 Spra-Coupe Issue...

KY
To all who have replied so far: Thanks so much for all your input. The relay under the dash clicks when the key is turned. The fuses check good. I do have the factory wiring diagrams, I paid a nice chunk of change for a dealer service manual, the ones they use in the shop. I have it all, testing procedures and all. They had a luxury the rest of us do not have, as there are sections in the procedure that tell to pull a part of the shelf and test it that way. I've spent $1,500 in "testing" this week! On that note, I read somewhere that if I need wires for this thing, instead of buying from Agco (which I have everything so far), that I just run to the local parts place and get plug wires for an 85' VW Jetta. I understand this is an industrial engine in the coupe, but is the electronic side of it a run-of-the-mill job? I bought the electronic ignition box from Agco last week, $400 even. Oreilly has the box for the jetta 1.8 l, looks IDENTICAL, for $80. I paid $500 to Agco for a distributor REBUILD kit, Oreilly has new dsitributor for $180. I was thinking if it will work, I will buy it all, brand new coil, distributor and ignition box and go from there. I can buy it all for less than one part from Agco. I bought a new coil, new ignition box and distributor rebuild kit, but nothing saying the distributor is 100%, and the box was thought to be the original problem... nothing saying I didn't burn that up again, it's extremely sensitive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)